What This Blog Is About

Welcome! I'm not a tech guru, and I cannot guarantee that the information on this blog provides complete solutions to your tech problems. I just chose to create this blog so I can take note of the things I have learned through self-study during my struggle to break into the IT field.

I am one of those people with an IT education who did not end up following the career path of an IT professional after college. But after six years as an IT recruiter, I am finally trying to make a career shift. The problem is I do not know where to start. I barely remember all the things I learned in college. After six years of not putting my IT knowledge to work, I find that I need to re-learn some things. I have been reading IT technician textbooks and Network technician textbooks, and even got an A+ certification, but I find that it is hard to retain the information I learn without being able to put it into practice.

So this blog serves the purpose of helping me note down the things I learn and writing about my experience in trying to successfully break into and make it in the IT field.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Getting My Foot In Door


Tomorrow is going to be my first real-world experience with doing tech stuff for work. I've done tech support work before with my previous employer, but it wasn't really part of my job description since I was really a recruiter for them. It was more of like a "we're too cheap to hire a tech guy so let's just have one of our recruiters troubleshoot our tech problems" type of work.

Tomorrow is the first time I'm actually going to be "deployed" to client company. Granted it's just a one-day contract and the job doesn't really require high-level tech skills, I'm just glad that I'm somehow in the field. Hopefully I do a good enough job gathering MAC address from Windows and Linux machines, and eventually get called in for another job for Bayport Networks' other clients. Eventually I hope to learn enough to be given high-level tasks. I hope this experience finally opens doors for me in the IT industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment